If so, you might be just the person that we are looking for. Rob de Castella’s SmartStart is seeking an Accounting and Administration Officer to join our small and terrific team of dynamic, talented, committed, fit and fun loving individuals.
Rob de Castella’s Smartstart operates a number of projects and companies in health and fitness, targeting ‘at risk’ groups and individuals. Projects include the SSFK HEELP (Healthy Eating Exercise and Living Program www.ssfk.org.au), IMP (The Indigenous Marathon Project imp.org.au), and other related activities conducted by Mr de Castella.
SSFK works closely with Governments, the corporate sector, NGOs and the public to support, grow and deliver its programs.
We are now looking to expand our skill set to provide vital administrative and accounting support to assist us to stream line and enhance our operations and procedures.
The Accounting and Administration Officer will manage the administrative and financial aspects of our office and programs. This includes assisting in planning, developing and monitoring budgets, preparing and presenting reports to our Board, coordinating and contributing to reporting requirement for grants and agreements, managing investments, accounts payable and receivable, working with our accountant and auditor, acquitting funds, payroll and HR records, as well as assisting with our donations and fund raising program.
The successful candidate will –
- Need strong financial acumen, attention to detail and good office organisational skills
- Need strong MYOB (v14+) knowledge and day to day functional experience
- Managing accounts receivable and payable
- Work with day to day financial data specifically in the not-for-profit sector
- Reporting financial information to a MD and Board of Directors in a timely and accurate manner
- Managing financial aspects of Government contracts, acquittals and report to deadlines
- Compiling financial reports and manage workloads in a fast paced and ever changing not-for-profit environment
- Managing investment accounts and internal / external transfers
- Managing the filing of financial / non-financial information and performing other administration and statutory activities as they fall due
- Be flexible to work above and beyond standard working hours during periods of increased activity
- Have an interest in personal health and wellbeing and want to make a difference
The position is a full time position, located in our Canberra office in Phillip. Some flexibility can be negotiated regarding hours of work. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, but is expected to be in the vicinity of $55,000 (plus super) upwards.
How to apply
Interested applicants can apply by sending their applications to email@example.com marked for the attention of Mr Robert de Castella.
Please include a detailed CV and both professional and character references.