The Indigenous Marathon Project (IMP) national try out tour is coming to a city or town near you this April! Come along and meet the IMP team and give yourself a chance of being part of something great – the 2014 IMP New York Marathon squad. You don’t have to have any running experience – we are just looking for outstanding young indigenous men and women aged 18-30 who want to run the New York Marathon, sweat out 7 months of training under the watchful eye of former World Champion marathon runner Rob de Castella, and inspire other indigenous people to lead a healthy life. The try out tour will visit the following locations, final dates and locations will be confirmed soon and all applicants will be notified.
- Murray Bridge – Tuesday 1st April – Location TBA – 4pm
- Adelaide – Wednesday 2nd April – Location TBA – 8am
- Galiwin’ku – Thursday 3rd April – Galiwin’ku Community Oval – 5pm
- Katherine – Friday 4th April – Katherine Sports Complex – 5pm
- Darwin – Saturday 5th April – East Point Reserve, Alec Fong Lim Drive – 8am
- Broome – Saturday 12th April – Hayes Oval – 10am
- Kununurra – Saturday 12th April – Celebrity Tree Park – 4pm
- Sydney – Wednesday 16th April – Moore Park Oval, Corner of Lang and Robertson St – 9am
- Newcastle – Wednesday 16th April – The Foreshore, Corner of Wharf and Nobbys Rd – 4pm
- Perth – Wednesday 16th April – Lilac Hill Oval, West Swan Road – 5:30pm
- Brisbane – Thursday 17th April – QSAC Athletics Track, Cnr of Main Road and Kessels Road, Nathan – 9:30am
- Cairns and Horn Is – TBC
- Alice Springs – TBC
The try outs will consist of a 3km time trial for women and a 5km time trial for men, as well as the beep test, and a short interview. Applicants are asked to wear appropriate clothing, and bring a drink bottle. For more information, or to arrange an interview, please contact IMP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 6162 4750.