Ten runners will compete in the New York Marathon in November, with Rachel Baker from the Galiwinku community on Elcho Island lining up in the Tokyo Marathon in February 2015, after suffering stress fractures that has sidelined her since August.
The 2014 IMP New York Marathon team is:
- Brendan Peeters, representing Cairns
- Nathan Riley, representing Dubbo
- Harold Matthew, representing Thursday Island
- Raymond Ingram, representing Sydney
- Adrian Dodson-Shaw, representing Broome
- Elsie Seriat, representing Thursday Island
- Ruth Wallace, representing Adelaide
- Toni Daisy, representing Townsville
- Sarah Carmody, representing Alice Springs
- Allirra Braun, representing Katherine
Read the full media statement and check out the gallery of photos. For now, the team will soak up the excitement of their well-deserved spot on the team and focus squarely on the next four weeks until they board a plane to the Big Apple for one life-changing experience.